The 2002 Masters games premier rugby grand final was a much anticipated game played in front of a large crowd in Parkville, Melbourne.
The Melbourne Vikings team were heavily favoured to dispatch Harlequin Academicals having some extremely talented and experienced players. And although it took a while for them to open the scoring against their plucky opponents they ultimately didn’t disappoint.
- The vikings bust out down the right wing to score the opening try:
- A beautiful move of the back of the scrum leads to a try under the posts:
- Standing up the winger to score in the left corner:
- More class backline moves from the back of the scrum:
- Bursting through from the back of a maul:
- A great example of keeping the ball alive:
- The Vikings drive and then scyth through a tiring defence:
- A right foot step sets up a great try:
- Another try for the fullback:
- The Vikings post match celebrations:
Words and video by Peter Shaw
The 2002 Masters games premier rugby grand final was a much anticipated game played in front of a large crowd in Parkville, Melbourne. The... https://shawfactor.com/b/Tms